January 15, 2009

Welcome to my little corner of the Web.

I am a music snob. A terrible, incorrigible music snob. But not as bad as CJ. Or Roach. well, maybe. I am constantly arguing with Jill over the merits of good bands that she's never heard of and trying to encourage her to see shows like the Sterophonics or Secret Machines.

(I contend that she's the music snob, because she only listens to like-oh-my-gawd POP-ular stuff, but that's an argument for another day.)

I hope to use this site to broaden horizons, and to be broadened by many of you as well. If you've ever felt that thump in your chest when a hook reaches out of the speaker and grabs you, or ever taken 10 minutes to play a three minute song because you keep backing up to hear that segment just after the bridge, then this is a site that I bet you'll enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I resemble that remark. I suspect that we'll have a little back and forth, challenging each other with increasingly obscure, yet hip, references.

    BTW, I never saw Secret Machines, but I have seen School of Seven Bells, which is an offshoot.

    ReplyDelete